Class of 2021 Grad Contest - June Convocation
Enter to win 1 of 6 prizes including a $500 Amazon gift card. Only open to students eligible to graduate in June 2021. Contest closes July 11.
Rules and Regulations
Official Contest Rules
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO, CANADA ONLY IS GOVERNED BY ONTARIO AND CANADIAN FEDERAL LAW.
1. This Contest, which is sponsored by The Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology (“Mohawk College”), begins on June 2, 2021 and closes on July 11, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Period"), after which time no further entries will be accepted.
2. ENTRY TERMS: Eligible applicants are those who have graduated from a Mohawk College fulltime Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma or Ontario College Graduate Certificate program or Joint/Degree (“eligible programs”) in the Winter 2021 term and are eligible to graduate in June 2021. A graduate is anyone who has met the requirements to graduate from a full time, part time, continuing education or apprenticeship program in the Winter 2021 term and has been approved to graduate by the Registrar’s Office. Only one (1) entry is permitted per graduate. In the event it is discovered that any graduate attempted to enter the Contest more than once, all entries by that individual will be disqualified from this Contest. All entries become the property of Mohawk College and none will be returned. By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules (“Rules”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, an eligible entrant must enter through the Mohawk Alumni Perks App under the contest section, ‘Class of June 2021 Graduate,’ and successfully answer the skill testing question, as set out below.
4. PRIZES: There are six (6) total Prizes available to be won with one (1) Prize to be won daily between June 21, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. and June 25, 2021 at 10:00 a.m., and two (2) grand prizes to be won on July 11, 2021. Each daily Prize consists of one (1) Mohawk swag prize pack valued at $100. One (1) Grand prizes consisting of $500 Amazon gift cards. The winners will be drawn randomly from the pool of all eligible submissions received for the contest at the time the Prize is awarded. Prize winners are solely responsible for any additional costs, taxes or fees not expressly described herein including, without limitation, all personal expenses of any kind. Prize winners must claim their Prize within the period of time as set out in these Rules or as otherwise determined by Mohawk College. Failure to claim a Prize when required by these Rules will result in forfeiture, and, in such event, an alternate winner will be selected from among the other eligible entries received. In the event a Prize winner is under the age of majority, the Prize winner must receive written consent from a parent or guardian to accept the Prize.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. There will be no substitutions except at Mohawk College’s sole option. Mohawk College reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value.
In order to win, selected entrants must first have correctly answered the following mathematical skill-testing question:
(15+10) - (10 x 2) =
5. RANDOM DRAW AND ODDS: A total of five (5) prizes are available to be won between June 21, 2021 and June 25, 2021 and will be awarded daily through random draw to multiple entrants. The random draw will take place at, or shortly after, 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time at Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario.
A total of one (1) grand prizes are available to be won on July 11, 2021 and will be awarded by random draw to multiple entrants. The random draw will take place at, or shortly after, 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on July 12, 2020 at Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario.
The total number of prizes available to be won during the Contest Period are as follows:
June 21, 2021 - 1 Mohawk prize pack (value $100)
June 22, 2021 - 1 Mohawk prize pack (value $100)
June 23, 2021 - 1 Mohawk prize pack (value $100)
June 24, 2021 - 1 Mohawk prize pack (value $100)
June 25, 2021 - 1 Mohawk prize pack (value $100)
July 11, 2021 - 1 $500 Amazon gift cards
Winners will be notified within 48-hours from the draw by email message. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within such 48-hour period after being selected, the entrant will forfeit the Prize and an alternate entrant will be selected. Prizes will be only delivered to confirmed winners. Shipping costs will be borne by the winner if delivery by any means other than pick-up at Mohawk College is requested.
Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winners, or their parent or legal guardian (in the event that they are under the age of majority), will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by Mohawk College, a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that he or she (a) has read and understood these Rules, (b) grants all consents required and authorizes Mohawk College to broadcast, publish and disseminate the winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winners, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, (c) accepts the Prize as offered and (d) releases and indemnifies Mohawk College, its directors, officers, faculty, employees and staff from any and all liability of any kind arising out of or relating to the potential winner‘s participation in this Contest, or to their receipt and use of a Prize.
In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the eligibility criteria as set out in these Rules, Mohawk College will have the right to disqualify such potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner. All decisions made by Mohawk College with respect to any aspect of this Contest are final and binding.
The odds of winning one of the Prizes will depend on the total number of eligible entries received as at each draw date during the Contest Period.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees:
a) that he or she has read, understood and will abide by these Rules;
b) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Mohawk College, whose decisions are final;
c) to provide proof of age, proof of registration in an eligible program and proof of Ontario residency;
d) to allow Mohawk College to use the winner's name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, recording, video footage or statements for editorial purposes without compensation other than the value of the Prize offered; and
e) that a winner must return all necessary information, releases and consents required by these Rules within seven (7) days following notification that the entrant has won, failing which the Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate randomly drawn entry.
7. ELIGIBILITY: THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO, CANADA. This Contest is only open to residents of Ontario, Canada who are over the age of majority (or have the consent of their parents or guardians if under the age of majority) and who are graduates from the Winter 2021 term in an eligible program at Mohawk College and who have updated their personal contact information using the ‘Class of 2021 Graduate Contest- June Convocation Form.’
The following are ineligible to win Prizes or enter this Contest: (a) employees of Mohawk College or its corporate partners, employees of any other public college in Ontario, each of their respective spouses, parents, children and siblings and any other person living in the same residence with any of them, and (b) persons who are enrolled in Academic Upgrading or English as a Second Language.
To be eligible for the Prize draw, entries must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on July 11, 2021.
8. GENERAL RULES: Mohawk College will not be held responsible or bear any
- late-received, lost, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries, all of which will be deemed void, or for any typographical or other production or distribution errors;
- entries which fail to comply with these Rules;
- failure of the internet or any website (including, without limitation, websites belonging to Mohawk College) during the Contest Period, nor for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail system or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website (including, without limitation, websites belonging to Mohawk College), or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or to any other person's computer, mobile device or handset resulting from taking part in this Contest; and
- any and all losses, damages or claims caused by or resulting from this Contest or Mohawk College’ sponsorship of it.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Contest Rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of Mohawk College.
If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being completed as planned, including but not limited to by reason of computer virus, bugs, tampering, and technical failures or other causes beyond the control of Mohawk College, Mohawk College reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest or any part thereof. In addition, Mohawk College may for any reason amend or terminate this Contest or any portion thereof at its discretion without advance or further notice.
This Contest will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by Mohawk College. Entrants must comply with these Rules and, participating in this Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood them. All entries that are incomplete, submitted through illicit means or that do not comply with these Rules or satisfy the criteria set out herein will be disqualified. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these Rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
Personal information provided by entrants will be used for the purposes of administering this Contest as well as for the purposes of contacting you regarding Mohawk College Alumni services and events. All use with be in accordance with Mohawk College’s Privacy and Legal statements posted on our website: www.mohawkcollege.ca/Legal.html. Entry in this Contest by an individual will be deemed to be his or her consent to the collection and use of his or her personal information as set out above.
If the identity of an entrant is at any time disputed, the person matching the information presented to Mohawk College at the time of entering the Contest will be deemed by Mohawk College, in their sole discretion, to be the entrant.
Note: All intellectual property, including but not limited to, logos, slogans, designs, promotional material, web pages and representations are owned by Mohawk College. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized copying is prohibited.